- [December 2023] Discovering Fatigued Movements for Virtual Character Animation. ACM SIGGRAPH 2023 Conference Proceedings. Noshaba Cheema, Rui Xu, Nam Hee Kim, Perttu Hämäläinen, Vladislav Golyanik, Marc Habermann, Christian Theobalt, Philipp Slusallek.
- [May 2023] DanceGraph: A Complementary Architecture for Synchronous Dancing Online. 2023 36th International Computer Animation & Social Agents (CASA). David Sinclair, Adeyemi Ademola, Babis Koniaris, Kenny Mitchell.
- [April 2023] Evaluating large language models in generating synthetic hci research data: a case study. Proceedings of the 2023 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Perttu Hämäläinen,, Mikke Tavast, and Anton Kunnari.
- [April 2023] Evaluating large language models in generating synthetic hci research data: a case study.”Proceedings of the 2023 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2023. Perttu Hämäläinen, Mikke Tavast, and Anton Kunnari.
- [March 2023] Emotional Voice Puppetry. 2023 IEEE Transactions on Visualisation and Computer Graphics (TVCG) Special Issue for VR. Ye Pan, Ruisi Zhang, Shengran Cheng, Shuai Tan, Yu Ding, Kenny Mitchell, Xubo Yang
- [May 2022] Vibing Together: Dance Experiences in Social Virtual Reality. 2022 ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems [CHI]. Roosa Piitulainen, Elisa D. Mekler, Perttu Hämäläinen.
- [February 2022] Whole Volume Light Scattering in Homogeneous Finite Media. 2022 IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics [TVCG]. Zdravko Velinov, Kenny Mitchell
- [March 2022] MienCap: Performance-based Facial Animation with Live Mood Dynamics 2022 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW) Ye Pan, Ruisi Zhang, Jingying Wang, Nengfu Chen, Yilin Qiu, Yu Ding, Kenny Mitchell
- [May 2022] Moe-Phobia: Effects of Users’ Gender on Perceived Sexuality and Likeability Toward Manga –Like Virtual Agents, Frontiers in Psychology: Human Media Interaction, Tetsuya Matsui. Kenny Mitchell (ed).
- [November 2021] Toward Fatigue Modeling for Locomotion Tasks. 2021 ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Motion, Interaction and Games (MIG) Poster.
Rui Xu*, Noshaba Cheema*, Erik Herrmann, Perttu Hamalainen, Philipp Slusallek
- [November 2021] Modeling the “Gorilla Arm” Effect with Reinforcement Learning. 2021 ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Motion, Interaction and Games (MIG) Poster. Noshaba Cheema, Laura A Frey Law, Kourosh Naderi, Jaakko Lehtinen, Perttu Hamalainen, Philipp Slusallek
- [October 2021] Synthesis of Compositional Animations from Textual Descriptions. 2021 International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV).
Anindita Ghosh, Noshaba Cheema, Cennet Oguz, Christian Theobalt, Philipp Slusallek.
- [June 2021] Foreword to the Special section on the Reality-Virtuality Continuum and its Applications (RVCA) 2021 Computers & Graphics Volume 97, June 2021. Mashuda Glencross, Kenny Mitchell, Mark Billinghurst, Ye Pan
- [May 2021] Evaluating User Experiences in Mixed Reality. 2021 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
Dmitry Alexandrovsky, Susanne Putze, Valentin Schwind, Elisa D. Mekler, Jan David Smeddinck, Denise Kahl, Antonio Krüger, Rainer Malaka.
- [March 2021] Improving VIP viewer gaze estimation and engagement using adaptive dynamic anamorphosis International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Volume 147 Ye Pan, Kenny Mitchell
- [March 2021] Embodied online dance learning objectives of CAROUSEL+. 2021 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW).
Kenny Mitchell, Pieter van der Linden, Erik Herrmann, Perttu Hamalainen, Iain McGregor, Philipp Slusallek, Carmen Mac Williams, Charalampos Koniaris, Jessie Kennedy, Elisa D. Mekler, Noshaba Cheema, Monica Tamariz
Press articles :
- [June 2023] Article in Psychologies Magazine (In French) – La danse et la réalité virtuelle, solutions pour lutter contre l’isolement ?
- [April 2023] Article (“chronique”) in Journal du Net (In French) – Quand la réalité virtuelle et l’IA vous invitent à danser
- [July 2022] Article in ActuIA magazine 3rd trimester 2022 (En Français/In French) – L’IA a visage humain, sociale et interactive
- [April 2021] Article in DFKI newsletter 1st semester 2021 – Carousel+ Artificial Intelligence for Social Interaction in a virtual world
- [February 2021] Article in FetFX.eu – Embodied online dancing and partying with the help of digital characters.
- [January 2021] News item on Europa.eu website – CAROUSEL pushes the limits of digital communications
- [August 2022] Background video for VRChat dance clubs presentation at SIGGRAPH 2022 BOF “Dancers of VRChat”.
- [July 2022] User experience focus group at Grassroots-Arts livingroom lab.
- [May 2022] Vibing Together: Dance Experiences in Social Virtual Reality
- [March 2022] Presentation video of the inviting, friendly, bright “Plantworld”.
- [December 2021] Carousel first in-person Project Plenary meeting in Saarbrücken
- [November 2021] Dancing Lindy Hop for science
- [October 2021] October 21st, 2021 AI4EU Cafe – Embodied online dancing and partying with digital characters
- [April 2021] Embodied online dance learning objectives of CAROUSEL
- [March 2021] Illustration of the effect of system latency on interaction in the VR world.
- [March 2021] First trial to dance together in virtual space – still a long way to go